Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins

Nothing says fall like pumpkins. Well, maybe the turning of the leaves, or the weather getting cooler. Or maybe the end of daylight savings time. But when it comes to cooking, pumpkins show that fall's arrived. This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe, Pumpkin Muffins, was picked by Sounding My Barbaric Gulp.

The mix of spices in these muffins are perfect to accompany the pumpkins. Allspice, cinnamon, ginger. I skipped on the nutmeg, because I still haven't gotten around to buying one. Biting into these muffins was reminiscent of eating pumpkin pie, but with a warm soft texture. The orange color that the pumpkins bring to the muffins definitely stands out, though it may not translate as well through pictures.

Come to think of it, that's pretty yellowish on the inside. But anyways, the outside is nicely orange. The addition of pecans, golden raisins, and sunflower seeds add to the texture, giving the muffin some good mouth-feel. These treats are perfect for any fall get together.

Recipe: Baking: From My Home to Yours, by Dorie Greenspan, p. 13

9 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I love how yours are so studded with goodies - every bite's different!

chocolatechic said...

I didn't have allspice.

I wonder if that would have made the difference, because I thought mine were kind of bland

kimberly salem said...

yours look great, lots of texture! i actually went out and got the nutmeg, but i don't know how much of a difference it made to have the freshly grated rather than the powder.

Shelby said...

They look great. Do go to buy the nutmeg though! It is a great addition to the muffin and great in other recipes. :)

Peggy said...

I bet those taste wonderful. They look like they do. I thought these were great muffins!

Heather B said...

Your muffins look fabulous! Great job!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

These look so good! Weren't they delicious!

Amber said...

I love all the stuff in yours. It is like a party. I always believe more is better.

Bungalow Barbara said...

Those are such lovely muffins!