Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Almond Biscotti

Wow, I've been too busy. I don't even know where the time is going, but I have several recipes with pictures waiting to be posted. I really need to get around to updating this blog more often - this Tuesdays only thing isn't enough for me. Anyways, back to this post: this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was almond biscotti, selected by Canela & Comino.

Almonds are always delicious, in my opinion. My almond extract is almost gone because I keep adding it into things, and I tend to have a stash of almonds somewhere in the cupboard at all times. These biscuits are packed with almond flavor, and have just the right amount of sweetness. The texture is perfect, with a lightly crisp outside and a soft chewy interior.

I ended up slicing these on a 45ยบ angle to get longer strips - the cuts looked a little too small without doing this. I also added just a few extra almonds (1 cup instead of 3/4 cup) to make sure every bite had a little crunch.

Recipe - Baking: From My Home to Yours, by Dorie Greenspan, p. 141

14 comments:

Christine said...

Your biscotti looks delicious!

Engineer Baker said...

They look wonderful, so I hope you liked them? I'm going to guess so if you like almonds so much - there was a lot of almond flavor in these.

Anonymous said...

i cut mine the same way - they were way too short otherwise! yours look wonderful!

chocolatechic said...

Yours looks so good.

I am thinking next will be white chocolate chips and macs

kimberly salem said...

great idea to cut them at an angle! they look wonderful. i feel your pain, i always am in want of more time to bake and post!

Anonymous said...

Your biscotti look gorgeous. I loved the almond flavor of these...

Peggy said...

Wonderful biscotti and a good idea to cut them at an angle!

Anonymous said...

almond extract might be my favorite out of all the extracts. i loved these biscotti. your pictures look really good. :)

Anonymous said...

Those photos are aboslutely gorgeous! I cut mine on an angle as well... it definitely produces better sized strips!

Jodie said...

They look delicious!

Sharon said...

Your pictures look beautiful! I can't imagine how delicious these biscotti must be.

Jules Someone said...

These look good enough to eat!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Looks like you did a great job with these! I am sure the extra almonds were a nice addition!

Shari said...

Looks great!