Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Quintuple Chocolate Brownies

I thought these holidays would be a great time to catch up on some of the Tuesdays with Dorie recipes I never got to try because I joined the group halfway through the year. This recipe was first made in early January.

If you want something extremely rich, this is the recipe for you. When I made it, I used dark chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, semisweet chocolate, and white chocolate. Originally made to form 16 squares, I cut it into 64 so they'd be more bite-sized (more appropriate for bringing to any holiday function). For the most part they held up fine, but some of the bites around the edges fell over - structural instability due to the nuts. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice those and eat them myself...darn.

Dorie suggests to serve these straight-up, but given how rich they are in even small portions, I couldn't imagine serving them without something to break up the chocolate, like vanilla ice cream. That's adding a lot more richness to the overall dish, so maybe you could make do with just a large glass of milk.

Recipe: Baking: From My Home to Yours, by Dorie Greenspan, pp. 98 - 100

No comments: