Thursday, February 18, 2010

Coffee Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh, baking, how I missed thee. After a *very* extended hiatus, I've finally gotten some time to start baking again. I checked in with the Tuesdays with Dorie group, and grabbed the closest recipe to date. It was chocolate chip cookies, so I modified it a bit (with Dorie's help, via her suggestions) and baked a batch. The host this week was Kait of Kait’s Plate.

I added 1/3 of a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to the dry ingredients, and used coffee extract instead of vanilla extract as a finishing touch. I also added an excess of salt (I love salty chocolate cookies, ever since Dorie's World Peace cookies) as a little touch at the end.

I'm looking forward to getting into the swing of baking again, and hopefully having time to post longer entries soon.

Recipe: Baking: From My Home to Yours, by Dorie Greenspan p. 68


dorie said...

Good to see you back in the baking kitchen again. Bet your cookies were good with that extra dash of salt.

TeaLady said...

You HAVE been gone a while. Welcome back.

And a great start with those tasty looking cookie. Salt. Humph!